motoring|underground

motoring|underground (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tire & Wheel (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fifteen52 R56 project (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23859)

R56Monster 12-16-2012 05:00 PM

Fifteen52 R56 project
 
2 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think about the fifteen52 Tarmac wheels?

I will be starting a project on fitting wide wheels on a Mini Cooper. We all have seen the 17x9.75 as the wides wheel we can fit on the Mini but can we go wider and bigger? I would like to try and accomplish this task but I would need everyones feed back and knowledge. Lets make this happen

Staggered Wheels
Wheels: 18x9.5 rear Tires: Maybe 225x35 or 40, 235x35
Wheels: 18.8.5 front Tires: Maybe 205x40

I'm still debating on the final offset but I'm sure it would be on the aggressive side

If you guys have any photos or inputs please share it with everybody

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/120/photo1sbn.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/9606/photo2plg.jpg

Rally 12-16-2012 09:04 PM

Lol, don't do 18x9.5.....that car would have to be SO high off the ground. :laff::laff: If you want to go crazy wide, go wide with 16s.

Here are 18x8.5 et45 (stock offset of tarmacs). You couldn't go wider on the outside without hitting the arch and you certainly couldn't go any wider on the inside without hitting the trailing arm. I could barely fit paper between the wheel and trailing arm when I test fitted these at the Fifteen52 shop.

This is on 215/35/18's too. You're thinking about much larger tires which will make fitting them even harder.

If I were you, I'd go with 18x8.5 all around on 215/35/18

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3028/5...03a6539e_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3401/5...a2e21cf9_o.jpg

ducks 12-16-2012 09:41 PM

18x9.5 has already been done ;)

Konky 12-17-2012 04:11 PM

The yellow mini in hawaii did 10's with crazy mexi-poke

R56Monster 12-17-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks (Post 768312)
18x9.5 has already been done ;)

Do you have photo or link of the guy that did 18x9.5?

R56Monster 12-17-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally (Post 768304)
Lol, don't do 18x9.5.....that car would have to be SO high off the ground. :laff::laff: If you want to go crazy wide, go wide with 16s.

Here are 18x8.5 et45 (stock offset of tarmacs). You couldn't go wider on the outside without hitting the arch and you certainly couldn't go any wider on the inside without hitting the trailing arm. I could barely fit paper between the wheel and trailing arm when I test fitted these at the Fifteen52 shop.

This is on 215/35/18's too. You're thinking about much larger tires which will make fitting them even harder.

If I were you, I'd go with 18x8.5 all around on 215/35/18

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3028/5...03a6539e_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3401/5...a2e21cf9_o.jpg

I test fit the 18x9.5 I was able to get away with few mm between the arch and the wheels.
The car would have a very aggressive stance

R56Monster 12-17-2012 05:45 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/474/photooct27134835.jpg

This is how the car look like now

R56Monster 12-17-2012 05:46 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img37/2360/photooct21132459.jpg

Rev 12-17-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R56Monster (Post 768378)
I test fit the 18x9.5 I was able to get away with few mm between the arch and the wheels.
The car would have a very aggressive stance

What offset did you test fit? Too bad you didn't take any pictures, they would have been helpful for this discussion.

Rally 12-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R56Monster (Post 768378)
I test fit the 18x9.5 I was able to get away with few mm between the arch and the wheels.
The car would have a very aggressive stance

I'm interested in seeing how low this "aggressive stance" is going to be :P

ducks 12-17-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R56Monster (Post 768377)
Do you have photo or link of the guy that did 18x9.5?

Well ... I did .. see sig for pics

R56Monster 12-17-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 768391)
What offset did you test fit? Too bad you didn't take any pictures, they would have been helpful for this discussion.

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/53/photo21vv.jpg

I haven't finalized the actual offset but it will poke out a lil bit.

And I'm doing this with coilovers not airbags...

So the whole goal is to keep the car low as possible with very minimal scraps. Everything needs to be stock and no fender flairs.

R56Monster 12-17-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks (Post 768394)
Well ... I did .. see sig for pics

Can you try to post the pic here so we all can evaluate it. May be we can learn thing or two about it.

R56Monster 12-17-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally (Post 768392)
I'm interested in seeing how low this "aggressive stance" is going to be :P

When you tried the wheels did you use any spacers In between or was it just the actual offset of the wheels?
The 18x9.5 I'm using is actually 5lugs just like the one you tried on before.

Rally 12-17-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R56Monster (Post 768414)
When you tried the wheels did you use any spacers In between or was it just the actual offset of the wheels?
The 18x9.5 I'm using is actually 5lugs just like the one you tried on before.

Keep in mind that my MINI was 5 lug, so I didn't need any adapters.

I did not use any adapters or spacers. They barely cleared the trailing arms and they hit the fenders. Yours will poke at least a full inch more than mine did because there is no room to go wider on the inside.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2005 motoring|underground, all rights reserved.