motoring|underground

motoring|underground (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/index.php)
-   OTLounge (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   any one have dish or direct tv? (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25295)

cole9953 01-08-2014 06:05 PM

any one have dish or direct tv?

I currently have comcast and I really hate them, and att is not available in my area. so my only option is satellite.

and one use one of them?

Drew 01-08-2014 07:57 PM

I've had Direct TV for the last year or so. Overall, very good. Way better than Time Warner Cable. It's not the cheapest, but I'm bundled with my AT&T cell phone and internet so that helps some. Plus, they're still doing the $10/month off for both parties if you get referred, so let me know if you do and I'll get you my account number. :D

EveryTimeIDie027 01-08-2014 09:19 PM

I switched to Direct TV last year after having to putting up with Time Warner all these years. I wish I switched sooner

L8Apex 01-09-2014 12:41 AM

DirecTV bundled with AT&T internet here as well. Had it for a few years and we like it. It does lose signal, but only in heavy rain and only briefly.

KiLO 01-09-2014 03:14 AM

If you are considering satellite, go DirecTV... Dish blows.

MtyMous 01-09-2014 03:32 AM

Really, KiLO? I've had a pretty good experience with Dish for the last 8 years or so. Hmm. Any issues I've ever had and they've made up for it 10 fold. I like the programming, the guide, the hopper, etc. Maybe it's just my experience. I'd like to hear your bad experiences so I can avoid them. haha.

Aside from that, I don't have any bad input about DirecTV. I just don't like their guide and layout. And I pay less for Dish. That's why they have kept me.

rkw 01-09-2014 04:00 AM

Dish has been fine for me too, for the past 12+ years since moving into my current house. For me, it's been a generic utility without any customer or technical issues, and it's the lowest cost option in my area.

Sketch 01-09-2014 05:53 AM

Love Directv, we have the whole home system which has evolved significantly since we first purchased it in it's early stages. Signal does go out from time to time in extreme weather, but the interface (especially compared to others), and it's compatibility with my iOS systems makes it a no brainer, if you don't mind spending the extra coin. :tu:

Bumble78 01-09-2014 09:02 AM

I had Comcast and switched the TV service to Dish and kept the Comcast internet. I liked Dish a lot more then Comcast, the only thing we lost was Disney Jr, but gained ton of HD channels. Seriously I we had 22 HD channels with Comcast in our area and no On Demand service. We went to over 100 HD channels and on demand service. The dish internet service sucked in our area so we kept Comcast, but in the end it was cheaper for more channels and the stand alone internet.

BlwnAway 01-09-2014 07:28 PM

I've been with DirecTV for 18 years now, just did their latest equipment update and couldn't be happier, one of the most surprising things about my most recent experience it's that DirecTV it's making a considerable effort to reward their long standing customers, not just new ones, I personally really appreciated this.
But like everyone else says, it's not the least expensive option, I personally would just rather pay the extra and have the content options. Their new genie system + their whole home setup is pretty complete and makes expansion really easy, plus there's a way to even access your own computer system to use as a media server. The real reason for me to even upgrade was the option to record more than the standard "2" programs at the same time, and yes it comes up more than you think, if you think this may matter, look closely at both, with DirecTV you can choose "any" channels to record, I've heard Dish doesn't really allow that, but don't know this for sure.

All the -vs- aside, since you've never had either, you'll be pretty happy with either over cable, your biggest choice is prob. going to be cost -vs- content.

CIGARGUY 01-11-2014 11:15 PM

I've had both. I ditched Dish for Directv due to customer service issues. Directv was always excellent anytime I called in and I never had a moment's trouble with their service.