View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Ok, there were 2 other major items I had on my list of things to do before the rebuild, W/M & Nitrous, and with the change in seasons I decided to do the Nitrous first, I'll do the W/M early in the spring.

I want to start by saying, this system is Complete Overkill and will never be used to it's full potential on the Mini, but there is actually a method to my madness. One of the reasons for all the extra stuff is, I just decided to do it all now & never have to add later, no matter what vehicle I use it on. (not to mention, just a couple of things & this 1 system becomes 2) The main reason though, is control, I wanted maximum control over when & how much.

So, I started with this; the Zex Universal 4-6 cyl. Wet kit, Black Out edition. http://www.zex.com/zx/nitrous-system...wet-black.html

Click the image to open in full size.

Sorry, I didn't do the obligatory "spread out everything on the floor" picture.

I choose "Wet" for the safety & ease of tuning, I'll be running a small enough "shot" that I won't need much timing adjustment and with "Wet" the AFR can simply be tuned with the fuel jet.

As I said, I started with that system, off of it I've built a One Off, Custom, 2 Stage system, including a 2nd "Wet Management" unit & RPM controller, I've also added a Purge kit & Bottle Heater.

Here's the intent behind all the "extra's" :
2 stages, mainly for traction & delivery control, each stage acts on both a WOT throttle position sensor & a push button. (2 seperate push buttons, one for Stage 1 only, one for both Stages combined)

Stage 1 will be stricktly determined by traction, what ever level I can use, up to approx. a 65 "shot" that the car will hold traction @ 3500 RPM in 2nd gear, is where it will be set at.

Stage 2 will give me an additional "shot" to give me a combined total of about 100, (for this incarnation of my motor) it will also be controlled by an RPM "window" switch and will only activate from the bottom of my next gear RPM point up to 7000. (in other words, if I run out the gear to "shift point" the RPM that I am then at, after my gear change, is where I'll set the bottom of the RPM controller, approx 5400 or so)

Here's a few pic's of the install so far, I'm 1/2 finished with all of the engine compartment install & have some of the wiring started:

Cut out for mounting panel:

Fabbed new panel:

Mocked up:

Installed:

I still have to install my Nozzles into my S/C horn & run my Fuel line from the Fuel Rail to my Gauge Sensor, then connect it to the system, I'm also adding a NOS pressure sensor for a gauge into the car. I'm finishing up making the bracket for those sensors now, and making custom push button & indicator panels for inside the car as well.

I'll get more pic's as everything happens.

Just hope the old one dies a fiery death.
But I'm not bitter....

Last edited by BlwnAway; 07-02-2016 at 03:57 AM..