View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 05:17 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I'm Baaack, holy Crap it's been two years, I hate it when life interferes with your hobbies....

Anyway, I'm settled into the new house enough and I'm putting any new equipment for the Theatre on hold for a while, so back to the car.

Finally had decent enough weather to get something done over the weekend (I still only have a carport, so weather was still a factor up until a couple of weekends ago) pulled the Head, 2 burnt valves but everything else with it looks just fine, going to clean it up and sell it as is, basically just needing a valve job.
The cylinders themselves look unbelievably good for having 212k on them, not a scratch or mar on them, if I hadn't done the compression test I'd never believe anything was wrong with them at all.
Here's a couple of pics....Gee, can't imagine why #1 & #4 were lower than the rest...

Click the image to open in full size.

All goes well I'll have the motor out and ready to send off for its rebuild, next weekend. Unfortunately there's no way I'll be done for the Dragon, but I'd rather get it right than rush too much, not to mention the extra funds involved for other goodies besides the motor itself.

Just hope the old one dies a fiery death.
But I'm not bitter....