View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Unfortunately I only ended up with 1 day to work on the car this past weekend, so didn't get near as much done as I wanted, but the car is together, and out of the carport, starts and idles perfectly normal.

Only issue is a simple mistake on my part, I neglected to add the intake manifold vacuum into my external vacuum manifold, therefore not enough vacuum for MAP Sensor, BOV, and more importantly for now, the brake servo, so I was only able to drive a block and back.

At idle the cooling system is working perfectly, and it only took 1 Qt to top off. Idled for 20 min, up to 185 fan kicks in, thermostat opens, and right down to 165 .

Sorry, but only a couple of pics:

Here's why I keep the "good" packing foam...

Click the image to open in full size.

This way the air is forced through either the Radiator or the I/C.

It's always satisfying when the inner fender wells go back in...

Fortunately adding the vacuum line shouldn't require any disassembly and be pretty easy, I will however have to wait a week or so for a piece of tuning hardware I need upgraded, but no big deal, still have those other jobs to finish, plus I want to form some shrouds and covers for additional air flow management under the hood.

Big outdoor project this coming weekend, so I'll just have to work on things when I can.

Just hope the old one dies a fiery death.
But I'm not bitter....

Last edited by BlwnAway; 05-30-2018 at 10:42 AM..