View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Sundays work, the heat situation is sorted, while the ceramic heat coating works well, it alone just isn't enough for the exhaust side of the turbo, so the addition of a turbo blanket, and a strip of Form-A-Shield under the cowl has taken care of the issue.
With that done, it was time for the next phase of testing, and made a mildly hard pull in first and hard shift into second, which brought up a few issues...

First being that this wastegate actuator just isn't enough, it's only a .75 bar which translates to 11 psi max, and while 11 psi breaks the tires loose at 5200 in 1st, even doubling it with a boost controller isn't going to give me as much flexibility as I'd like, so there's a 1.2 bar or 18 psi actuator on the way.

Second and larger issue is that I miscalculated the amount of engine movement under hard shifts, (even though I'm running Ireland upper and lower bushings along with a TSW top motor mount) and the shift from 1st to 2nd pulled the upper radiator hose loose. Since I do all my testing really close to the house, the car never got above 200, but of course this needs to be addressed, so there's a new, longer, flex hose on the way as well.

Maybe not ideal the ideal result, but this is what testing is all about, esp with the amount of custom fab involved in a project like this.
Some updated pics this weekend.

Just hope the old one dies a fiery death.
But I'm not bitter....