Thread: Beken's rides.
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to beken Send a message via Yahoo to beken Send a message via Skype™ to beken

The R53 is my commuter car.
My kid graduated from university this year and, with her own money dragged me down to my local dealer and we cut a deal on an R56 that she could afford.
Then we traded in our family car for the F60 Countryman. My wife actually wanted something smaller but my parents are getting old and we find we have to haul them around a lot now. So the Countryman. Since I have a good relationship with the MINI dealers in the area, we were able to cut a pretty good deal within our budget.

The Countryman is for the family drives. In the past we have gone camping in some obscure places. The most rough terrain we've gone on has been to the Carmanah Walbran Park via Lake Cowichan, Nitinat Lake and then into the Northern part of the Park.
..I've done the trip in (inappropriately) a Pontiac Fiero, a Plymouth Sundance, and a R53 MINI (without breaking a windshield even). The Countryman is probably a more appropriate vehicle for this type of drive.

Last edited by beken; 08-30-2018 at 06:21 PM..