motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Tire & Wheel Without wheels & tires, you're going nowhere!

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Tire & Wheel

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

[quote=Rally;768415]Keep in mind that my MINI was 5 lug, so I didn't need any adapters.

I did not use any adapters or spacers. They barely cleared the trailing arms and they hit the fenders. Yours will poke at least a full inch more than mine did because there is no room to go wider on the inside.

Yes, I have only about 1/8 inch space between the arm and the wheels so the wheels would def poke out. I might be able to get away with cambers. Did you re drill your wheel hubs or changed it to an actual 5 lugs?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by R56Monster View Post

Yes, I have only about 1/8 inch space between the arm and the wheels so the wheels would def poke out. I might be able to get away with cambers. Did you re drill your wheel hubs or changed it to an actual 5 lugs?
I had the hubs and brakes machined at a drag-race axle shop I found a while back.

I had about -6 degrees camber in the rear to get that fitment.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img846/8503/photo4zsp.jpg
This is how the back looks like right now. I have to do more calculations and more triming

[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
I had the hubs and brakes machined at a drag-race axle shop I found a while back.

I had about -6 degrees camber in the rear to get that fitment.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
μ

Send a message via MSN to ducks

Here you go ... et30 225/40/18

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Can you try to post the pic here so we all can evaluate it. May be we can learn thing or two about it.
Most everyone on this site is very aware of Ducks' car. He has a very long, very informative thread, you should probably take a look at it.

Quote:
This is how the back looks like right now. I have to do more calculations and more triming
Surprised you didn't order them in 4x100. It costs a little extra but it would have saved you the cost and trouble of adaptors. You also would have negated the need for spacers since once you pay for a custom bolt pattern then custom offset is also included.

Edit: Unless you bought them used I guess. Then NVM

This picture doesn't really show much. Profile shots don't really show the poke and having the rear up in the air doesn't really let us see how it will fit where it counts.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Most everyone on this site is very aware of Ducks' car. He has a very long, very informative thread, you should probably take a look at it.

Surprised you didn't order them in 4x100. It costs a little extra but it would have saved you the cost and trouble of adaptors. You also would have negated the need for spacers since once you pay for a custom bolt pattern then custom offset is also included.

Edit: Unless you bought them used I guess. Then NVM

This picture doesn't really show much. Profile shots don't really show the poke and having the rear up in the air doesn't really let us see how it will fit where it counts.
They don't have 18x9.5 in 4x100.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
They don't have 18x9.5 in 4x100.
You can get any bolt pattern, see the highlighted area:

Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Quote:
You can get any bolt pattern, see the highlighted area:

Sorry rev but the custom part is only fit the offset. The highest offset you can get is a custom 50 mm. As for the bolt patern you can only get the 18x9.5 in 5 lugs. However, you can get 17x9 in 4x100. I've been working with fifteen52 for awhile and we've look at every possible senario to make it easier.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Wow pretty misleading on their part. Because it clearly says in two places there that custom bolt patterns are available
Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 PM
μ

Quote:
Wow pretty misleading on their part. Because it clearly says in two places there that custom bolt patterns are available
Custom PCD's are available. I work with Matt and Brad at least once a week. They might be sold out of 9.5's or something? They only order a certain number of blanks.

If 50mm is the highest offset you can get, that will prove interesting with adapters.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Custom PCD's are available. I work with Matt and Brad at least once a week. They might be sold out of 9.5's or something? They only order a certain number of blanks.

If 50mm is the highest offset you can get, that will prove interesting with adapters.
Makes sense. I was being kind of facetious. Its pretty obvious from the website that custom bolt patterns have been, are or will be available.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM
μ

After reading through this I'm trying to understand something... Are you trying to get your car LOW on 18x9.5 or wider? If so, it won't be easy without modification which you just stated you aren't willing to do. Ducks has a race inspired setup, which means his car is low, but not slammed to be able to fit those wheels and tires and still allow for suspension travel. Take into account, he has modified the body of the car to make them fit, too.

With coilovers you are going to rely on a couple of factors to have a chance to run wide 18's and have a SLAMMED MINI. One is insane stretch. If you're poking wheel, you can't poke tire to be able to slam the car. You're going to need to find the perfect offset and tire combo to be able to have the face of the wheel outside of the fender, but the tire inside. You'll need to have the car compress on the opening that a very stretched tire will have to provide. This won't happen easily. 17x9 Tarmac's would make this a much easier mission to complete.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 PM
μ

I don't know if this matters or not, but to me the design of the Tarmacs does not suit poked fitment, at all.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
After reading through this I'm trying to understand something... Are you trying to get your car LOW on 18x9.5 or wider? If so, it won't be easy without modification which you just stated you aren't willing to do. Ducks has a race inspired setup, which means his car is low, but not slammed to be able to fit those wheels and tires and still allow for suspension travel. Take into account, he has modified the body of the car to make them fit, too.

With coilovers you are going to rely on a couple of factors to have a chance to run wide 18's and have a SLAMMED MINI. One is insane stretch. If you're poking wheel, you can't poke tire to be able to slam the car. You're going to need to find the perfect offset and tire combo to be able to have the face of the wheel outside of the fender, but the tire inside. You'll need to have the car compress on the opening that a very stretched tire will have to provide. This won't happen easily. 17x9 Tarmac's would make this a much easier mission to complete.
This is what I have now
17x9 rear
17x8 front

I would like to go wider and bigger. And the tires are actually really stretched to the max I would also play with the camber front and back.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 PM
μ

Quote:

I would like to go wider and bigger.
And as such, you will have to raise your car further....which is what drew was saying.

Quote:
And the tires are actually really stretched to the max
No they aren't. That doesn't look like much stretch.