motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

OTLounge Anything and everything NOT having to do with cars... for better or for worse!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Overlook > OTLounge

Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
I'd like to see return yardage points moved to maybe 20 yards per point. I always feel like having return yardage equal to regular rushing seems off. I like that it counts, though.
Chris, I definitely appreciate your input. I honestly looked into it and gave your concern a lot of thought. I would like to keep it at 10 yards (equal to receiving and rushing) for a few reasons.

I checked and out of the top 15 receivers (the most common position to also share return duties) in points there were only 5 players with a significant amount (over 200 yards) of return yardage. Of those 5 players, 3 of them had 800+ receiving yards and 6+ touchdowns. So their return points didn't solely contribute to them being in the top 15 receivers. If return yardage points was so high that a player with little receiving stats had a higher amount of points then a player like Calvin Johnson, then there would definitely be a problem.

I realize our league has more starting receivers (4) then most leagues. Some of you are good with this while others are not. I feel like it is a pretty easy position to fill since at all times there is at least 2 receivers on the field so there are 64 starting receivers in the NFL. So every team in our league has a fair chance at filling their 4 receiver spots with starters. I think the return yardage can help broaden your selection of receivers since our league has to pick a minimum of at LEAST 40 of them. I also didn't want to devalue the return game too much. Just like how last year I increased the points for an interception and added points for tackles, tackle assist, forced fumbles, and tackles for a loss from the year before. I did this to increase the value of the defensive players a little.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Just wanted to thank everyone for another fun and successful fantasy football season. I had a pretty good year as I not only won in our league (finally), but also in my other league. Congrats to Chris (TheWanderer) on 2nd place.

Chris, I just sent you your money

I hope everyone is willing to participate in our 6th year of fantasy football in 2014.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
μ

Congrats guys! It was fun. Thought it was a bit weird I didn't have a game this past week but guess that's how it works.

I did win in my other league though. Too bad there's no prize beyond bragging rights with people who don't really care.
-G